Monday, February 15, 2016

love hit the snooze


it's 3am and i'm still thinking of you

and you're probably asleep

but my heart woke me up hours ago

and there's no snooze or reset button



but i can't stop thinking about all the nights spent with you

and the many ways you made me feel even when you weren't around

all the feelings of may are still stuck with me

like the way my ears will always still recognize your laugh and my 

hands will always remember the feel of your's

i always liked the way your hands felt holding mine


sometimes i feel like i can live in those moments forever

and spend my time in a ten month old dream

that my heart isn't the only one living in the past

that it's december and that i'm not alone in my room at 3am

that love has only hit the snooze button and o only have 9 minutes 

left of this dream

i always liked myself more when i was with you

but sooner or later i have to wake up 

as much as i miss july, and as much as i long for the future

it's still just february, and it's now 4am and i'm crying

and you're still asleep

and i liked the idea of love a lot more when i was with you

but my heart woke me up hours ago

and i wonder sometimes if your's does the same

even if it feels like mine's the only one that does

because i feel like that's what two hearts in love would do





8 comments:

  1. "But my heart woke me up hours ago"
    Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last line.
    And the idea that love hit the snooze. Different. Good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sad and so beautiful. To quote Jess Rhodes, never date a boy that makes you write good poetry

    ReplyDelete
  4. "i always liked myself more when i was with you"

    "and it's now 4am and i'm crying

    and you're still asleep"

    I love your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohmy this literally left me speechless so beautifully tragic

    but my heart woke me up hours ago

    and i wonder sometimes if your's does the same

    even if it feels like mine's the only one that does

    ReplyDelete