Wednesday, November 4, 2015

the heart i gave


i know that i gave you my heart

but you might not be able to read it, and it has locks that no 

longer have keys

i'm sorry about that.

there are things that i won't share with you. 

things i won't share with anyone.

so this is an apology.

to you

to my parents

to my friends

to my brother

to my cousin

i'm sorry

i'm sorry that i will never tell you what

 happened to me in the ninth grade. and why 

i've never been the same since

i'm sorry i will never tell you about the 2nd

 of November and where my head was at. i 

don't even know what i was thinking myself.

i'm sorry i will never tell you what i'm thinking, or how i'm 

really feeling. i'm just scared that once you know, you'll never

see me in the same way.

i'm sorry if you thought i wasn't listening. i always am. i just

get lost in your eyes and carried away when i listen to your voice.

i'm sorry if this is too long

mostly i'm sorry i forgot to wear your heart around my neck today

i won't forget again

and i hope you don't forget my apology



14 comments:

  1. Damn. I really feel this. Like a lot. Please write forever, and come to slam team meetings if you aren't already there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "i don't even know what i was thinking myself."

    This entire post is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really good because I can tell it's really personal, but I feel like I totally relate to it at the same time. exceptional

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might be my favorite writer. This is soo good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "mostly i'm sorry i forgot to wear your heart around my neck today"

    this makes me sad, but i'm glad you're working through it.

    thanks for being honest, thanks for being vulnerable, thanks for commenting on blogs, thanks for always coming to class, and thanks for listening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your honestly is amazing and inspiring and slightly intimidating. someone with a blog this candid and beautiful can be nothing short of amazing. excited to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. my heart "has locks that no longer has keys"

    This whole thing was super personal,
    And I really loved that line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMMMM that strikes the heartstrings right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are so amazing ughh this whole thing was sooo good

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my heck." it has locks that no longer have keys". this is the most poetically beautiful thing I've ever read. wow. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I'm sorry I will never tell you what I am thinking"
    this is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "i know that i gave you my heart

    but you might not be able to read it, and it has locks that no

    longer have keys"
    #stolen
    This is sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "i know that i gave you my heart

    but you might not be able to read it, and it has locks that no

    longer have keys"
    #stolen
    This is sooo good!

    ReplyDelete